Wednesday, February 15, 2012

May gagawin ka? Sus, mamaya na yan...

GWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!




The number of school work to do is OVER 9000!!!
I'd blame the school, but it's my fault for procrastinating, anyway. Still, why does third year have to be overflowing with malevolent papers with threateningly-close deadlines?


Damn procrastination. The vicious cycle of resched, realize, response and repeat. Further discussion below (because this is the heart of this post).






When did this curse start infecting me anyway? I used to be a good student back in elementary. Guess that part of me is taking a break. A LONG one, by the looks of it. He emerges every now and then, but he never really stays.


But why do I let myself get infected? Because it feels good, man. I want to savor every bit of my leisure time without pressure. Face it: It feels better to just laze around the internet instead of writing long papers on Microsoft Word. This is the resched stage. Resched as in reschedule mentally the tasks for a future date. Is the "me" inside my head that good at convincing myself to not do anything important? 


Resched eventually turns to realize, typically days before the deadline. This is the stage of realization where you really do have something to do important ASAP and where you regret putting off the things you should have done. "Bakit ba hindi ko to ginawa noon?", "Ang dami-dami kong oras noon, eh...", stuff like that. And if you're curious, this is where I am now. You now have the option to cram or to accept your fate. Stage transisition ulit!


Realize -> Response. Whether you chose to be a martyr and accept your fate or chose to be a hard-working student for a few hours (or days), this where you will be. Response, where you await the judgment of the higher being/s (in my case, professors) for your doings. At this point, luck is either your ally or your adversary. May the Force be with you.


And then, everything just goes to repeat. After everything you've done, you will be tempted to relax. You'll probably end up relaxing too much and end up procrastinating again. And so it begins, yet again...


This is procrastination. This is the temptation and curse of the students. This is my school life. And yours, if you choose it to be.


"Stand down, place your weapons by your side. It's our war; in the end, we'll surely lose but that's all right. So have you figured it out now?"
-Welcome to the Family, Avenged Sevenfold


Procrastination is a cage that eventually imprisons you. And your chances of being freed is just as strong as your weakest resistance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment